Recipes from our 2017 Calendar
Rosemary Ham with Bacon Cream Spinach
- 1 Schneiders Ham
- 8 Slices schneiders Bacon, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup water
- 624g baby spinach
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup parmesan grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Place ham in a baking dish. Pour in a half a cup of water. Place rosemary sprigs on top and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook per package directions
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over a medium high heat. Cook bacon4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add spinach in batches and stire until wilted.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper
- Add cream and allow to simmer for 2 minutes until starting to thicken.
- Sprinkle in parmesan cheese and stire to combine well. Allow to thicken for 1 minute
- Serve ham with bacon creamed spinach.
Ham can be found in our:
Special K* Granola Morning Jars
- 1/2 cup (125mL) raspberries
- 1 tsp (5mL) honey
- 1/2 cup (125mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15mL) chia seeds
- 1/3 cups (75mL) Special K* low fat granola cereal
- Set aside 5 raspberries. Using a fork, mash remaining raspberries with honey until pureed; set aside. Stir yogurt with chia seeds.
- Layer half of the raspberry puree, yogurt mixture and granola into 1 cup (250mL) Mason jar. Repeat layers; top with reserved raspberries.
Special K* low fat granola cereal can be found in our:
Santas Dutch Oven Short Ribs
- 7 or 8 beef short ribs (2x454g Santas Choice Short Ribs) *Defrost in fridge for 2- 3 days
- 3 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or thawed cranberries (optional)
- 2 medium white onions, coarsely sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, coarsely slice (optional substitute for celery 1/2)
- 4 cups of red wine (Dry Cabernet Sauvignon preferred) substitute liquid beef stock for some or all of the wine
- Olive oil
- 1 tbs. salt mixed with 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp dry sage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F conventional or 325 degrees F convection.
- Rinse and pat dry the ribs. Then rub with the salt mixture.
- On a stove burner, coat the bottom of your dutch oven or ovenable pan with olive oil. Add the ribs, in a single layer and brown evenly on all sides. Work in batches if necessary.
- Remove the ribs from the pan. Discard all but 1 tbs of excess fat.
- Add the onion, fennel, thyme, and garlic. Stir well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the wine/stock to the pan to deglaze it.
- Add the cranberries and return the ribs to the pot.
- Add the rest of the wine/stock. bring to a boil.
- cover and place in oven.
- Braise for 2-2.5 hours - check at 1.5 hours and turn ribs gently.
Santas Choice Short Ribs can be found in our:
Chicken Strip Poutine
- Janes Pub Style Chicken Breast
- Hot, Prepared gravy
- Cheese curds
- sliced green onion
- Prepare the chicken according to the package directions.
- Arrange chicken on a plate. Scatter cheese curds over chicken, drizzle with gravy and garnish with green onion. Serve piping hot with forks and lots of napkins!
Tip: For authentic pub-style presentation, line a basket with parchment or waxed paper to serve the poutine
Janes Pub Style Chicken Breast Strips can be found on our:
Cavendish Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 bag (750g) Cavendish frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 can of Condensed Cream of MushroomSoup
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed Corn Flakes topping (optional)
- Stir the soup, sour cream, butter, potatoes, onion and cheese in a 3 quart shallow baking dish. Season with the black pepper. Sprinkle the potato mixture evenly with the crushed Corn Flakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Cavendish Hashbrowns can be found in the following baskets:
Southern Style Corn
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, diced and crisped in a skillet
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet bell peppers
- 2 cups Green Giant Corn frozen-thawed
- Ground black pepper
- In a large skillet (cast iron is preferrable), over medium heat, crisp the diced bacon pieces.
- Once chrisped, remove the bacon bits from the pan and set aside to drain on paper towel, leaving the bacon fat in the skillet
- Reduce the heat to low
- Add the onions and peppers and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Once the onions and peppers have softened, add the corn.
- Stir to combine and continue to cokk for about 5 minutes.
- Add ground black pepper, to taste(test for the saltiness of the bacon before adding any to the corn).
- Add the crisped bacon back to the corn and serve immediately.
Green Giant Corn can be found in the following baskets:
Apple Berry Breakfast Crisp
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (about 4 medium)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup large Flakes Quaker Oatsor Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (5 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon) margarine or butter melted
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degress F. Spray 8 inch square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- For Filling, combine all ingredients in large bowl; stir until fruit is evenly coated. Spoon fruit into baking dish
- For topping, combine all ingredients in medium bowl; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender . Serve warm with yogurt, if desired.
Quaker Oats can be found in the following baskets:
Rose Pizza with Shrimp
- Pizza Crusts (15')
- Antonellas Tomato Basil Pasta sauce 1/2 cup (125mL)
- Antonellas Alfredo pasta sauce 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- garlic, chopped 1 clove
- 1/2 cup chopped vegetables (asparagus or broccoli)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- mozzarella cheese, grated 1/2 cup (125mL)
- Preheat oven to to 400 degrees F and place grill in the center
- Mix together Antonellas Tomato Basil and Alfredo pasta sauces, parsley and garlic.
- Spread sauce mixture evenly over pizza crust and then add vegetables, shrimps, and cheeses.
- Cook on a pizza stone or oven sheet for about 20 minutes, or until cheese browns.
OREO Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 4 squares of bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping
- 12 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces good quality bitter sweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Orea cookie for garnish
Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- 4 Slices of Schneiders Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 Potatoes, Cubed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlice, minced
- 1 tablespook minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cubed potatoes in a pot with enough salted water to cover, Bring to a boil, and cook until tender about 30 minutes. Drain. Add butter to drained potatoes to melt;set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place Schneiders bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until very crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon to peper towels to drain;allow to cool and crumble. Leave 2 tablespoons bacon dripping in skillet and return to the heat.
- Cook onion and garlice in the bacon drippings until tender,about 4 minutes. Stir in the rosemary and cook for 1 minute.
- Mash the potatoes with the melted butter. Mix in the ctrumbled bacon, the onion mixtur and milk;season with salt and pepper.
Chicken Teriyaki Nachos
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) VH® Teriyaki Sauce (approx.1 bag (300 g) tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). In bowl,toss chicken with VH Teriyaki Sauce until well coated.
- Lay half of the tortilla chips on large parchment paper- lined pizza pan or baking sheet. Top evenly with half of the chicken and cheese. Repeat Layers.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onion and avocado.
- Drizzle with additional VH Teriyaki Sauce. Serve immediately.
- Top with chopped fresh Chili peppers or cilantro
- Serve with lime wedges
- substitute pulled pork or brisket for chicken.
Green Bean Casserole
- 1 Can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 1/3 FRENCH'S Crispy Fried Onions.
- MIX soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup Crispy Fried Onions.
- Bake at 350F for 30 min or until hot.
- Stir TOP with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden.
FRENCH'S Crispy onions and Campbells soup can be found in: Packed Pantry
Coffee Crisp Cake
- Nestle COFFEE CRISP BAR, finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup (125ml) Butter, softened
- 1 Cup (250ml) Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 1/4 all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 sour cream
- 1 can frosting of choice.
Preheat the oven to 325F(160C)
Beat the butter and sugar until smooth.
Add one egg at a time, beating after each addition.
Dissolve the instant coffee in 1 Tbsp of hot water and add it to the egg mixture along with the vanilla.
Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a separaste bowl and add half to the egg mixture mixing briefly. ADd 1/2 of the sour cream and mix briefly before adding the rest of the flour mixture.
Mix again before adding the remaining sour cream.
Add the batter to a round 9" pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely.
Remove from pan and top with your favorite frosting flavour.- We reccomend mocha!
Lastly, sprinkle with finely chopped COFFEE CRISP.
FOR A ADDED TOUCH:
For a double layer cake: Double the ingredients quantities and bake two cakes according to recipe. Cool the cake layers completely.
Remove from pans. Frost cooled cakes with favourite flavour, then place them directly on top of each other. Top with finely chopped COFFEE CRISP and ENJOY!