Recipes from our 2017 Calendar
Rosemary Ham with Bacon Cream Spinach
- 1 Schneiders Ham
- 8 Slices schneiders Bacon, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup water
- 624g baby spinach
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup parmesan grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Place ham in a baking dish. Pour in a half a cup of water. Place rosemary sprigs on top and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook per package directions
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over a medium high heat. Cook bacon4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add spinach in batches and stire until wilted.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper
- Add cream and allow to simmer for 2 minutes until starting to thicken.
- Sprinkle in parmesan cheese and stire to combine well. Allow to thicken for 1 minute
- Serve ham with bacon creamed spinach.
Ham can be found in our:
Special K* Granola Morning Jars
- 1/2 cup (125mL) raspberries
- 1 tsp (5mL) honey
- 1/2 cup (125mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15mL) chia seeds
- 1/3 cups (75mL) Special K* low fat granola cereal
- Set aside 5 raspberries. Using a fork, mash remaining raspberries with honey until pureed; set aside. Stir yogurt with chia seeds.
- Layer half of the raspberry puree, yogurt mixture and granola into 1 cup (250mL) Mason jar. Repeat layers; top with reserved raspberries.
Special K* low fat granola cereal can be found in our:
Santas Dutch Oven Short Ribs
- 7 or 8 beef short ribs (2x454g Santas Choice Short Ribs) *Defrost in fridge for 2- 3 days
- 3 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or thawed cranberries (optional)
- 2 medium white onions, coarsely sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, coarsely slice (optional substitute for celery 1/2)
- 4 cups of red wine (Dry Cabernet Sauvignon preferred) substitute liquid beef stock for some or all of the wine
- Olive oil
- 1 tbs. salt mixed with 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp dry sage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F conventional or 325 degrees F convection.
- Rinse and pat dry the ribs. Then rub with the salt mixture.
- On a stove burner, coat the bottom of your dutch oven or ovenable pan with olive oil. Add the ribs, in a single layer and brown evenly on all sides. Work in batches if necessary.
- Remove the ribs from the pan. Discard all but 1 tbs of excess fat.
- Add the onion, fennel, thyme, and garlic. Stir well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the wine/stock to the pan to deglaze it.
- Add the cranberries and return the ribs to the pot.
- Add the rest of the wine/stock. bring to a boil.
- cover and place in oven.
- Braise for 2-2.5 hours - check at 1.5 hours and turn ribs gently.
Santas Choice Short Ribs can be found in our:
Chicken Strip Poutine
- Janes Pub Style Chicken Breast
- Hot, Prepared gravy
- Cheese curds
- sliced green onion
- Prepare the chicken according to the package directions.
- Arrange chicken on a plate. Scatter cheese curds over chicken, drizzle with gravy and garnish with green onion. Serve piping hot with forks and lots of napkins!
Tip: For authentic pub-style presentation, line a basket with parchment or waxed paper to serve the poutine
Janes Pub Style Chicken Breast Strips can be found on our:
Cavendish Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 bag (750g) Cavendish frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 can of Condensed Cream of MushroomSoup
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed Corn Flakes topping (optional)
- Stir the soup, sour cream, butter, potatoes, onion and cheese in a 3 quart shallow baking dish. Season with the black pepper. Sprinkle the potato mixture evenly with the crushed Corn Flakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Cavendish Hashbrowns can be found in the following baskets:
Southern Style Corn
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, diced and crisped in a skillet
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet bell peppers
- 2 cups Green Giant Corn frozen-thawed
- Ground black pepper
- In a large skillet (cast iron is preferrable), over medium heat, crisp the diced bacon pieces.
- Once chrisped, remove the bacon bits from the pan and set aside to drain on paper towel, leaving the bacon fat in the skillet
- Reduce the heat to low
- Add the onions and peppers and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Once the onions and peppers have softened, add the corn.
- Stir to combine and continue to cokk for about 5 minutes.
- Add ground black pepper, to taste(test for the saltiness of the bacon before adding any to the corn).
- Add the crisped bacon back to the corn and serve immediately.
Green Giant Corn can be found in the following baskets:
Apple Berry Breakfast Crisp
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (about 4 medium)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup large Flakes Quaker Oatsor Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (5 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon) margarine or butter melted
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degress F. Spray 8 inch square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- For Filling, combine all ingredients in large bowl; stir until fruit is evenly coated. Spoon fruit into baking dish
- For topping, combine all ingredients in medium bowl; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender . Serve warm with yogurt, if desired.
Quaker Oats can be found in the following baskets:
Rose Pizza with Shrimp
- Pizza Crusts (15')
- Antonellas Tomato Basil Pasta sauce 1/2 cup (125mL)
- Antonellas Alfredo pasta sauce 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- garlic, chopped 1 clove
- 1/2 cup chopped vegetables (asparagus or broccoli)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- mozzarella cheese, grated 1/2 cup (125mL)
- Preheat oven to to 400 degrees F and place grill in the center
- Mix together Antonellas Tomato Basil and Alfredo pasta sauces, parsley and garlic.
- Spread sauce mixture evenly over pizza crust and then add vegetables, shrimps, and cheeses.
- Cook on a pizza stone or oven sheet for about 20 minutes, or until cheese browns.
OREO Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 4 squares of bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping
- 12 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces good quality bitter sweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Orea cookie for garnish
<!--[if gte mso 9]>